From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shorewall: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:07:45
1 >>> # /etc/init.d/shorewall restart
2 >>> * Stopping firewall ...
3 >>> * Starting firewall ...
4 >>> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.
5 >>>
6 >>> How can I find out which chain/target/match I need to compile into the
7 >>> kernel? shorewall-init.log does not indicate any problems and I have
8 >>> LOG_VERBOSITY=2 in shorewall.conf which is the maximum.
9 >>
10 >> I hade the same problem. Using "shorewall trace restart" I could figure
11 >> out which chain/target/match that was missing.
12 >
13 > Thanks, that got them. A couple oddities:
14 >
15 > 'shorewall trace restart' produced output the same as
16 > shorewall-init.log which contained no info useful for this purpose.
17 > However, 'shorewall trace restart > file.txt' sent completely
18 > different output to file.txt which did contain all of the needed info.
19 > How can that be?
20
21 I didn't actually make the comparison between 'shorewall trace
22 restart' and 'shorewall trace restart > file.txt'. I only compared
23 the console output to the contents of file.txt after running the
24 single command 'shorewall trace restart > file.txt'. Considering
25 this, I think the above makes sense because it would have redirected
26 certain output to the file and only the remaining output would have
27 appeared on the console.
28
29 - Grant
32 > I got a lot of "No such file or directory" lines in file.txt for stuff
33 > like -j LOGMARK, -m condition, -m geoip, -m ipp2p, nfacct which I
34 > can't find in the kernel. Numerous other miscellaneous errors there
35 > too. Ignore them if they aren't outputted by the initscript?
36 >
37 > - Grant