From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mesa-10.3.7-r1 S3TC option
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 00:06:52
1 After I updated mesa to 10.3.7-r1, I was provided with this message:
2
3 >>> Messages generated by process 2287 on 2015-02-19 20:32:50 GMT for package
4 media-libs/mesa-10.3.7-r1:
5
6 LOG: postinst
7 Note that in order to have full S3TC support, it is necessary to install
8 media-libs/libtxc_dxtn as well. This may be necessary to get nice
9 textures in some apps, and some others even require this to run.
12 I couldn't see a USE flag, which is what I was expecting for enabling S3TC
13 support and pulling in media-libs/libtxc_dxtn as a dependency. So I emerged
14 media-libs/libtxc_dxtn manually. Is this how it is meant to be, or is there a
15 USE flag missing from mesa?
18 Regards,
19 Mick