From: THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] leafnode and xinetd.conf
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:34:54
1 I'd crosspost this from news.softwear.readers, but I don't have
2 leafnode configured yet ;)
7 Here is a sample /etc/xinetd/leafnode entry. The entry in the "server"
8 field has to point to your locally installed leafnode executable.
9 Dependent on the installation, this executable may not reside in
10 /usr/sbin but elsewhere (e.g. /usr/local/sbin if you installed
11 leafnode from the source code).
12
13 service nntp
14 {
15 disable = no
16 flags = REUSE
17 socket_type = stream
18 wait = no
19 user = news
20 server = /usr/sbin/leafnode
21 log_on_failure += USERID
22 }
23
24 <http://leafnode.sourceforge.net/wuerzburg/faq.html#4>
27 How do I know where leafnode is, please? I can create a file
28
29 thufir@localhost ~ $
30 thufir@localhost ~ $ cat /etc/xinetd/leafnode
31 cat: /etc/xinetd/leafnode: No such file or directory
32 thufir@localhost ~ $ date
33 Sun Mar 26 21:21:07 IST 2006
34 thufir@localhost ~ $
38 such that it's appended /etc/xinetd.conf when xinetd runs?
41 thanks,
42
43 Thufir
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list