From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT worth upgrading hardware ?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:25:32
1 On Monday 03 October 2005 12:12, Matan Peled wrote:
2 > Jonathan Wright wrote:
3 > > But a WM and/or GTK/QT can have an effect on system load overall as well
4 > > as working with the graphics card, which in the end can slow the gears.
5 >
6 > Perhaps, but glxgears is a really, REALLY bad benchmark.
9 yes, glxgears is a bad bechmark. But if you do not use the numbers, but
10 compares differences, on the same maschiene, with the same setup, it may show
11 tendencies that are worth to think about.
12
13 I find it interessting, that the qt-based wm (kwin, integrity) had the same
14 fps. And the others, gtk based, had lower but also same fps.
15
16 Somewhere some fps were lost - I blame gtk ;)
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list