From: Rob Oravec <rob@×××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autoexpect?
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:09:55
1 On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 19:44 +0100, Antoine wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I would like to write a script to log in to a network machine and run
4 > halt (for the missus, who doesn't really like logging in via ssh just to
5 > turn of the internet connection...), and saw that autoexpect looks like
6 > it would fit the bill. It doesn't seem to be in portage and it seems a
7 > lot more difficult with expect...
8 > Any ideas?
9 > Cheers
10 > Antoine
11
12 Hi,
13
14 I haven't used autoexpect but have Expect.
15 Here is a link that you may have seen but will do what you would
16 "expect"...pardon the pun.
17
18 Perl with Expect module or Just Expect on its own.
19
20 http://www.infocopter.com/perl_corner/expect.htm
21
22 Hope this helps,