From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Question re: UUID
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:41:15
1 On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 23 April 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Yep. I use e2label. Works fine with ext2 and ext3 partitions. One
4 > > command to read the label, another to write it. Easy.
5 >
6 > So, mkreiserfs --label My_Home /dev/hda5 will not wipe out my
7 > partition, right? I don't want to cause unnecessary harm to my
8 > machine . . .
9
10 mkreiserfs will in all likely-hood wipe out the file system on that
11 partition, as it's job is to make filesystems. The label is a nice
12 side-effect that it can do while making an fs
13
14 You want reiserfstune
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com