From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - grep: The -P option is not supported
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:11:40
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I have a script I wrote a couple of weeks ago. Part of the script scans
3 > email files and returns IP addresses found in them. I did this with
4 > this command:
5 >
6 > cat * | grep -Po "\[\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+\]"
7 >
8 > It worked fine right up until this afternoon. Now I get this:
9 >
10 > michael@bullet ~/spam $ cat * | grep -Po "\[\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+\]"
11 > grep: The -P option is not supported
12 > michael@bullet ~/spam $
13
14 more /usr/portage/sys-apps/grep/ChangeLog
15
16 *grep-2.5.1a-r1 (01 Aug 2006)
17
18 01 Aug 2006; Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> +grep-2.5.1a-r1.ebuild:
19 Add back in pcre #141609.
20
21 I suspect that's the issue, that your new grep is missing pcre, though
22 it's hard to tell since you didn't mention which version of grep you
23 have installed. Additionally pcre became a use flag in 2.5.1a-r1
24
25 kashani
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list