From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ripping audio from a video DVD
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 17:48:39
1 Peter Humphrey schrieb:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I've acquired a DVD of a concert performance which I'd like to put on the
5 > choir's Web site. It's too big, though, at nearly 1 GB, so I wondered about
6 > extracting just the audio from it and putting that up instead.
7 >
8 > Is there a Gentoo-ish way of doing this, or should I start messing about
9 > with bits of wire and other equipment?
12 The way I do it usually:
13
14 mplayer dvd://1 -dumpaudio -dumpfile sound.ac3
15 [wait]
16 a52dec -o wav < sound.ac3 > sound.wav
17 oggenc sound.wav
18
19 e voila: sound.ogg is a rather small audio file at ~128kbit/s (or was it
20 160?)
21
22 You'll need
23