From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:47:30
1 On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:38:30 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > > Well, I'm a hacker. udev is free source, therefore fair game. I
4 > > don't intend to put up with this nonsense without a fight. As far as
5 > > I can make out, this is just one guy, Kay Sievers, who's on a power
6 > > trip. Are there any indications at all that he actually talked to
7 > > anybody in the wide world before making such a far reaching
8 > > decision?
9 >
10 > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken
11
12 Apart from vague references to "us" and "many upstream developers" there
13 is no real indication that this is motivated by any more than the one
14 individual, from his RedHatesque perspective.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 When you go to court you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people
21 that were not smart enough to get out of jury duty.