From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the proper fstab line for shm memory (tmpfs)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:29:34
1 On Freitag 26 Februar 2010, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I have a number of systems with different shm lines in fstab - but which
3 > is correct? - I think they all work, but which is best (and why)? The
4 > main use I am concerned about is a PXE system with root over nfs where I
5 > am putting the portage tmp and some other stuff in tmpfs for speed.
6 >
7 > tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
8 > shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0
9 > none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
10 >
11 > I suspect the middle line is correct.
12 >
13 > BillK
14
15 I have
16
17 shm /dev/shm tmpfs nodev,nosuid,noexec
18 0 0
19
20 for ages in fstab. If it is wrong, I am living a lie for years now.