From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] YP domain name in baselayout 1.12
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:45:09
1 On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 23:14 +0200, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
2 > That does lead me to another question, though -- the
3 > interface-boundedness of these settings makes me a bit suspicious.
4 > Will /etc/init.d/net.* start rewriting /etc/resolv.conf
5 > and/or /etc/yp.conf for me or something like that, and will the NIS
6 > domain name be kept unset if net.eth0 fails to start for some or another
7 > reason?
8
9 Unfortunately, I don't know the answer since I don't actually use those
10 settings. Hopefully, someone else knows the answer.
11
12 Regards,
13 Paul
14 --