From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recommendations for WLAN-AP?
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 10:14:46
1 On 05/18/2015 06:47 PM, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Paul Tobias <tobias.pal@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 2 May 2015 at 17:17, <wabenbau@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> tplink archer series?
9 >>>>
10 >>>> can cope with 20 laptops at the same time easily and is not too
11 >>>> expensiv.
12 >>> Thanks Volker. I will have a look at it.
13 >>>
14 >>> --
15 >>> Regards
16 >>> wabe
17 >>>
18 >>>
19 >> Hi wabe, did you decide yet? You might find this article useful:
20 >> http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/03/from-the-wirecutter-the-best-wi-fi-router-for-most-people-anyway/
21 >>
22 >> Before that article came out, I also arrived at the same conclusion:
23 >> the TP-Link Archer C7 v2 is the best for me. My requirements also
24 >> included OpenWRT support.
25 > Sorry for my late response, but I was on a holiday trip till last night.
26 >
27 > I never thought about using OpenWRT before I read your post, but I
28 > wish I had. I already bought two ZyXEL NWA1123-AC. Unfortunately it
29 > seems not possible to run OpenWRT on these devices.
30 >
31 > I will call the dealer tomorrow. I hope that it is possible to exchange
32 > the devices because I still have not opened the packagings.
33 >
34 > --
35 > Regards
36 > wabe
40 I'm a little late to the conversation, but my roommates and I use a $20
41 TP-LINK with DD-WRT as an AP because it has better wireless than my $100
42 Netgear router. The routing part of the TP-LINK isn't nearly as good
43 (chokes on more than 10 devices), but the Netgear for routing with the
44 TP-LINK for an AP is a perfect combo.
45
46 Alec