From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-4 device detection
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:30:22
1 2011/5/27 Andrés Becerra Sandoval <andres.becerra@×××××.com>:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Recently, perhaps a week ago, my kde-4.6.3 system stopped detecting
5 > storage devices when inserted (CDs, DVDs, USB sticks) on a ~x86
6 > system. Devices are not detected in dolphin, nor in  the device
7 > notifier applet.
8 >
9 > Is really strange, because my laptop (a ~amd64 system) has the same
10 > kde packages and is working fine.
11 >
12 > Is there anybody suffering the same problem?
13
14 Is it detected by kernel/udev? If it is then maybe it's a udisks
15 problem. Did you emerge a new version lately? Policy changes?
16
17 Assuming you're not still using HAL (in that case try to restart hald).