From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Compilation error: pygtk
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:53:16
1 On 07/01/2010 06:35 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > * Call stack:
3 > * ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_compile
4 > * environment, line 5365: Called python_src_compile
5 > * environment, line 5150: Called python_execute_function '-d' '-s' '--'
6 > * environment, line 4058: Called die
7 > * The specific snippet of code:
8 > * die "${failure_message}";
9 > *
12 > How can I prevent the compilation problem?
13 > If requested, I will sent the other files mentioned in the above
14 > report of course -- I only want to mailbomb the mailinglist in
15 > beforehand ;)
16
17 It's really hard for me to determine the exact cause because there seem
18 to be so many variables behind the problems with libpng. You might
19 consider recompiling GTK first. It seems to me that most of my
20 frustrations with stuck compilations can be solved by revdep-rebuild or
21 judicious recompilation of dependencies and making sure env-update has
22 been done and my environment is correct. I have become so use to "exec
23 bash -l" that I have an alias for it now....