From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is my machine too old for virtualbox?
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:10:27
1 On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:01:02 -0400, "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
2 wrote:
3 > On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 08:15:46AM -0700, walt wrote
4 >
5 >> I'm using the vbox svn repository from Sun, so I haven't tried building
6 >> the portage version.
7 >
8 > As I mentioned, I'm using Sun's install because the portage install
9 > dies.
10 >
11 >> What problem do you see?
12 >
13 > At bootup I get...
14 > * Starting VirtualBox kernel module ...
15 > * modprobe vboxdrv failed. Please use 'dmesg' to find out why
16 >
17 > I'm attaching dmesg output in the hope that someone can figure this
18 > out.
19
20 The attached output doesn't seem to have anything related to vboxdrv at
21 all.
22
23 In any case, did you check that you are compiling the driver against the
24 right kernel? Look at the output of uname -r, and make sure that the
25 symlink /usr/src/linux points to the current kernel version, then recompile
26 the drivers package.
27 --
28 Jesús Guerrero