From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Rail Model font for coders
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:36:40
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 02:02 on Sunday 23 January 2011, Stroller did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > On 20/1/2011, at 10:08pm, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
5 > > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> writes:
6 > >> On 01/20/2011 11:14 AM,
7 > >> hare_krsna_hare_krsna_krsna_krsna_hare_hare_hare_rama_hare_rama_rama_ram
8 > >> a_hare_hare@×××××××.com
9 > >
10 > > I am against hard limits on username lengths, but I think that
11 > > uuencoding the result of gzipping that address yelds a more readable
12 > > address.
13 >
14 > Uh, sorry - can you translate, please?
15
16 He's being witty.
17
18 Take
19 hare_krsna_hare_krsna_krsna_krsna_hare_hare_hare_rama_hare_rama_rama_rama_hare_hare@×××××××.com,
20 hard to read and type right?
21
22 Now zip it. Try read the zipped version.
23 Now uuencode the zipped version and try read that.
24
25 The joke is that the uuencoded zipped version is still easier to read than the
26 original. Which is true enough, as the original address is just bat shit
27 insane crazy long.
31 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com