From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAID-1 on secondary disks how?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 00:07:45
1 On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 20:37:31 GMT Wol's lists wrote:
2 > On 28/01/2019 16:56, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > I must be missing something, in spite of following the wiki instructions.
4 > > Can someone help an old duffer out?
5 >
6 > Gentoo wiki, or kernel raid wiki?
7
8 Gentoo wiki.
9
10 It's fascinating to see what a hornets' nest I've stirred up. In my case I
11 haven't needed an initramfs so far, and now I see I still don't need one - why
12 add complication? Having set the kernel option to assemble raid devices at
13 boot time, now that /dev/md0 has been created I find it ready to go as soon as
14 I boot up and log in. No jiggery-pokery needed.
15
16 A reminder: this is not the boot device.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.