From: "Prado
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Nvidia drivers
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:16:59
1 Did you try the "nv" and "nouveau" drivers for your current card?
2
3 -----Original Message-----
4 From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org] On Behalf Of James
5 Sent: terça-feira, 1 de abril de 2008 16:11
6 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 Subject: [gentoo-user] Nvidia drivers
8
9 hello,
10
11 I have a couple of old 32bit amd athlon XP systems:
12
13 They have very old, no longer supported nvidia cards:
14
15 NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] && NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]
16
17 All ebuilds that could satisfy
18 "x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers" have been masked"
19
20 These systems are used to run jffnms, postgresql rrdtool
21 to show network devices and their status. Nothing fancy
22 just 2D and kde.
23
24 These cards were supported by the Nvidia legacy driver
25 but now that's gone there is no support for these cards.
26 So I guess I'd like to replace them with something that
27 is open source on the driver, so as to keep support a long time.
28 (perhaps an old ATI card?)
29 I think they are AGP 4 motherboards.
30
31 I intend to use them for a long time as to drive a graphical
32 display for network monitoring and management.
33
34 Any low cost suggestions are most welcome, particularly something
35 that is open source on the driver, so I can keep them useful
36 for a long time.
39 James
42 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
43 --