From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 22:51:54
1 On Sunday, 18 August 2019 22:57:14 BST Dale wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > > On 17/08/2019 05:56, Dale wrote:
4 > >> I upgraded my system last night. I logged out and back in earlier and
5 > >> have noticed something new. It seems to only allow one instance of
6 > >> Dolphin to run at a time.
7 > >
8 > > When you press Meta+E ("meta" being the key with the Windows logo on
9 > > most keyboard), you can start a new Dolphin instance. Dolphin doesn't
10 > > have to be already open for this to work. It's a global Plasma shortcut.
11 >
12 > That works. It gives me a new instance of it at least. I've looked
13 > everywhere in the configure section and I've even found and looked at
14 > the Dolphin handbook online and can't find a way to disable this.
15 > Usually I click on the folder on my desktop to go where I want. I have
16 > either the directory itself or links to those I go to frequently. Have
17 > you seen a way to make it work the old way? Doing the keyboard shortcut
18 > is a workaround for the moment tho. Thanks much for that. I'd still
19 > prefer to have it the old way tho.
20 >
21 > Thanks so much again. At least I have a workaround for the time being.
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
26
27 I must be pressing the keyboard buttons the wrong way, it does not work here
28 on plasma-5.15.5 & dolphin-19.04.3 :-/
31 Regards,
32
33 Mick