From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *** URGENT *** xdg-open respawns itself until crash
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:32:27
1 On 03/31/2011 01:26:05 PM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a big problem on a very import machine here.
5 > Although it's a bit copy of a running machine,
6 > it somehow respawns xdg-open until the system is out of memory
7 > and therefore unresponsive or it crashes.
8 >
9 > How can I find out which process tries to start xdg-open?
10 >
11 > It assume it's connected to some settings the user's home directory.
14 Sorry for answering myself.
15
16 I've found out that /etc/profile.env contained
17 BROWSER=xdg-open
18
19 a simple env-update fixed this to
20 BROWSER=firefox
21
22 I just don't know how this setting went into /etc/profile.env
23
24 Thanks,
25 Helmut.