From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem shutting down X-server
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:03:43
1 On Saturday 21 July 2007 10:38, Herbert Laubner wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I am new to Gentoo.
5 > I finally managed to set up xorg on my system, fluxbox is running,
6 > but whenever I want to terminate the X-Server, the screen is not
7 > receiving any signal anymore. The only chance to get a commandline
8 > back or to get the server running again is to restart the pc.
9 >
10 > Where to look for?
11
12 Reboot if you have to (or access the box via ssh from another computer) and
13 look for any error messages in:
14
15 /var/log/Xorg.0.log
16 ~/xdm.log (or wherever xdm.log is stored - # locate xdm.log to find it)
17 /var/log/messages
18
19 Check the above BEFORE you restart X otherwise Xorg.0.log will be overwritten.
20
21 HTH.
22 --
23 Regards,