From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web mail
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 01:54:50
1 Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2
3 > I never heard of it as "event driven programming", but I think what it
4 > should refer to is the MVC pattern. The "events" for web applications
5 > are of such a homogenuous nature that it has no worth to think of it as
6 > "event driven". One needs a good understanding of MVC and the
7 > Doc/Controller model (and serialization of state data) for building
8 > fine complex webapps whose overall logic should keep being
9 > understandable.
10
11 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event-driven_programming
12
13 > On the opposite, if you've just a plain simple page to display, MVC is
14 > definitely way too heavy.
15
16 Very true.
19 > -hwh