From: michael higgins <linux_lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] cdrw advice?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:39:09
1 Hello, all.
2
3 Using 2.6.12-gentoo-r10. I followed the instructions here, sort of. http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Packet_Writing_on_CD-RW
4
5 Is anyone using this feature? Running cdrwtool seems to blank and format the disk, but, I'm stumped as to how to use it.
6
7 >From fstab, this is the device that works for using dvd.
8
9 /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /mnt/dvd auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
10
11 This line I added from the wiki page.
12 # for packet writer
13 /dev/pktcdvd0 /mnt/cdrw udf noauto,noatime,rw,users 0 0
14
15 But, this is what I get when I try to mount it.
16
17 mount: /dev/pktcdvd0 is not a block device
18
19 Or this:
20
21 pktsetup /dev/pktcdvd0 /dev/hdc
22 ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
25 I have no reason to think I'm even going in the right direction. Does anyone use this packet writing thing?
26
27 # lsmod
28 Module Size Used by
29 sg 35040 0
30 ipv6 263488 6
31 lp 12292 0
32 pktcdvd 34308 1
33 usblp 13696 0
34 ...
35
36 Seems to load just fine. Is there another suite of tools or approach that I can use?
37
38 TIA for any replies.
43 | |ichael | |iggins \^ /
44 michael_higgins[at]iinet[dot]com