From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting a USE flags for many packages
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:19:12
1 On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:43:29 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2
3 > I normally like to have the documentation built for all packages.
4 > Therefore I have added 'doc' to /etc/make.conf USE
5
6 Are you aware that the doc USE flag normally controls extra documentation,
7 such as API docs for devs? Normal documentation, like man and info pages,
8 is generally built by default. You're probably better off with -doc in
9 make.conf and only enable it for the packages you need.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 WinErr 009: Horrible bug encountered - God knows what has happened