From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] histappend shell option
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 16:21:25
1 On 7/5/06, Trenton Adams <trenton.d.adams@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > Where would I suggest a standard shell option to be incorporated into
5 > /etc/bash/bashrc?
6
7 bugs.gentoo.org would be the appropriate place. File it as an
8 enhacement request.
9
10 > I can't stand it when I logout of multiple shells, and get only the
11 > history of the last one. Especially on root.
12 >
13 > So, I use the histappend shell option.
14 > shopt -s histappend
15 >
16 > Wouldn't it be good to incorporate this into the standard bash shell?
17
18 I don't see any downside to this, although it seems like a fairly
19 trivial thing for the user who wants this to add it to their .bashrc
20 files. There might be some desire to keep the configuration as close
21 to the $UPSTREAM defaults as possible.
22
23 -Richard
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list