From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD ''Vishera'' FX-Series CPU
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 22:39:29
1 Am Samstag, 6. Oktober 2012, 16:43:20 schrieb Dale:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > Am Samstag, 6. Oktober 2012, 07:32:52 schrieb Dale:
4 > >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
5 > >>> Am Samstag, 6. Oktober 2012, 10:24:16 schrieb Alain Didierjean:
6 > >>>> Gigabyte 990DX
7 > >>>
8 > >>> from some experience I and a couple and friends had: you never go wrong
9 > >>> buying Gigabyte.
10 > >>
11 > >> +1 Right now, Gigabyte has the good mobos. That may change later on
12 > >> but . . . I remember when Abit was awesome to. My old rig has a Abit
13 > >> NF7. I wonder what will come after Gigabyte?
14 > >
15 > > I am not looking for 'awesome' but 'rock solid' and 'stable'. For some
16 > > time
17 > > Asrock filled that niche nicely. But Gigabyte passed them. I do not care
18 > > about 1 or 5% performance differences. I care about stability. Gigabyte
19 > > delivers.
20 > Well, that was what I was talking about. If I had a mobo that was
21 > flakey or doing something weird, would I say that it is awesome?
22 > Certainly not. My old Abit mobo is still rock solid. I don't run it
23 > much anymore but it still works fine even tho it is 9 years old. I have
24 > had my current Gigabyte for a couple years I guess and it is rock solid
25 > too.
26 >
27 > That is awesome to me. ;-)
28
29 well, there are people who think 'wins in a lot of benchmarks' or 'lots of
30 features' or 'overclockers choice' means awesome. Good to know that you do
31 belong to the intelligent part of the population.
32 >
33 > Dale
34 >
36 --