From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] broken seamonkey :(
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 19:53:55
1 Hi,
2
3 since quite a while, seamonkey and its relatives are completely broken
4 when it comes to use self-signed certificates. They just refuse the
5 connection to the server, blocking you from accessing your email.
6
7 Is there still no solution for this problem? I'm totally fed up with it
8 by now. At work, I have frozen seamonkey at version 2.31 and
9 thunderbird at some outdated version that still works with the
10 certificates. Googling for a solution doesn't reveal one, either.
11
12 Now I need seamonkey to access the email, and I can't very well turn it
13 back to an outdated version just for that.
14
15 BTW, if this won't be fixed, what are the replacements?
19 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
20 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.