From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacity-2.0.5 failed to compile
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 20:31:41
1 On 02/09/2015 20:52, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 02 September 2015 03:22:44 Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
3 >
4 >>> This kind of language does not belong here. If you can not refrain
5 >>> yourself making sarcastic remarks don't make any comments.
6 >
7 >> This language occasionally belongs on this list.
10 > No.
11 >
12 > I would like to respectfully point you to the Gentoo Code of Conduct:
13 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Council/Code_of_conduct
17 I hear you, but there's also a grand unwritten gentoo-user tradition of
18 using the good old clue-by-four (or a LART) when warranted. We find the
19 same on -dev
20
21 The vast majority of the audience here are very knowledgeable and
22 comfortable in their skin. Speakers often speak their mind, listeners
23 often listen, offence is seldom taken.
24
25 The web forum OTOH, is very different. There I would agree with
26 patrolling for code of conduct violations.
30 Alan McKinnon
31 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com