From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Need MythTV setup help (resend)
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 19:02:55
1 On 1/8/06, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > It seems to be working now. Sort of. mythfrontend isn't lasting longer
4 > than a second and a half. mythbackend is still dying seemingly
5 > randomly. It's not leaving logs in /var/log/mythtv. How can I find out
6 > why it's dying so as to find a way to stop it from dying?
7
8 I've had that problem on and off. I have never been able to get a good
9 response on what causes it. In my case I've deleted and rebuilt
10 settings as I suggested earlier and it fixed it. In other cases it did
11 not. Long ago I found that if I installed ivtv-0.2.0 and then
12 installed ivtv-0.4.0 over the top of it that it fixed it. Probably my
13 best results have been using ivtv from the web site instead of
14 portage, but even that hasn't been fool proof.
15
16 It's a tough one being that I'm not a developer or even a sys admin -
17 just a funky stupid user type.
18
19 If I can remember anything else I've done I'll write back again.
20
21 - Mark
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list