From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stuffit does not recognise .sitx
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:57:48
1 On 17 Mar 2009, at 19:33, Mick wrote:
2 > ...
3 > An applemac friend sent me a file with a .sitx extension. I installed
4 > stuffit, but I get this error:
5 >
6 > $ unstuff Limited1.sitx
7 > Unsupported format exception: archive format is not supported
8
9 Advise you tell your friend:
10
11 http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/zip.html
12
13 In 10.5 the "Create Archive" option has been renamed "Compress",
14 and the menu order slightly reorganised.
15
16 There is NO REASON for using Stuffit files these days - unless he
17 wishes to send files to collectors of obsolete hardware he should
18 probably uninstall Stuffit from his system. I cannot conceive that
19 anyone could seriously be still using OS 9 or earlier in earnest.
20
21 Stroller.