From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Menu font size in LibreOffice
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 09:41:02
1 On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 10:11:44 BST Mick wrote:
2
3 > I have been setting USE="-gtk" in make.conf since 2003-4 from what I recall.
4 > Perhaps this is the cause of my problem. It blocks some packages which
5 > would be installed as a default in a Gnome based system, but are missing
6 > from my builds.
7
8 Now you remind me, I used to do that too. I don't remember when I stopped, but
9 nowadays the standard profiles seem to do a pretty good job of separating
10 Gnome from KDE.
11
12 If I say "USE=-gtk emerge -upDvN world" I get 11 packages to be reinstalled,
13 including kde-plasma/systemsettings. It may be worthwhile reinstalling that
14 one with USE=gtk to see what happens.
15
16 > In the last few years higher and higher screen resolutions make font size
17 > too small to read, especially as the users are getting older too! ;-)
18
19 Tell me about it! It's a constant struggle for me, especially while browsing
20 the web. It seems that site designers can't, or won't, take account of a
21 user's need to set a large minimum font size.
22
23 > Thanks for the pointer.
24
25 I hope it turns out well.