From: m4110c <disquz@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fresh gentoo installation reboot fs read only
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 07:22:37
1 Thus spoke Davyd McColl (davydm@×××××.com):
2 >
3 > Just curious - how does mount know how to identify your block devices? This
4 > fstab has no device identifier at the start of each line (eg /dev/sda7, as
5 > mentioned in a comment above the line for root, or, better, UUID=
6 > identifiers, as suggested in the higher up commentary).
7 > I don't run systemd (so I'm not sure if it does something magick here?), but
8 > I wouldn't expect this fstab to work on any of the systems I've used.
11 Nah, no magic there, the identifiers are missing, it can not work like
12 that. Follow the handbook and you should not run into such problems ;-)
13
14 Best
17 m4110c
18