From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] [OT as it gets. Sorry] Windoze 7 and reinstalling error.
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 02:30:12
1 > From: Dale [mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com]
2 > Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 6:39 PM
3 >
4 > Howdy,
5 >
6 > I got a neighbour that has a computer issue. First, the hard drive went
7 > out. We ordered a new one and installed it. Then he realized he didn't
8 > have the restore discs. We ordered those from Gateway. I went up today
9 > and tried to install winders 7 on the new drive. I put the system disc
10 > in and it booted. Then it asked for the recovery disc #1. It copied
11 > that over then asked for disc 2. After a bit it wanted the Language
12 > disc. Then it said to reboot and it spit out the DVD.
13 >
14 > When it reboots from the hard drive, it comes up and says it is setting
15 > up the hardware and it seems to finish it. Then a window pops up and
16 > says this:
17 >
18 > "Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this computers
19 > hardware."
20
21 Does this help?
22
23 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753
24
25 You may have accidentially set the new drive in the BIOS as RAID: the KB
26 article has steps to find the error logs and get more details.