From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /dev/sda* missing at boot
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 19:09:09
1 On 18 August 2011 18:59, <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi, guys
3 >
4 > It is a shame, I know, but after several years using Gentoo, it is the first
5 > time I try to build a kernel without "genkernel".
6 >
7 > And now I can't boot to that new kernel, it does not find (and really do not
8 > have a) /dev/sda* root partition ("real-root"); during the boot it stops,
9 > complaining about that, gives me the option to get a shell, from which I am
10 > able to see that there is no /dev/sda* .
11 >
12 > I have included everything SATA, so it looks like that is not a kernel
13 > problem, but a initramfs issue, I guess.
14 >
15 > What am I missing?
16
17 Why have you choose this way? I mean, non-genkernel way.
20 - -
21 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
22 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
23 --  ""Trust in God and keep your gunpowder dry!" - Cromwell