From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: where is the functionality of etcat
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:06:24
1 James schreef:
2 > Holly Bostick <motub <at> planet.nl> writes:
6 >>>Holly: eix is probably not it, since it looks like it does not show the
7 >>>availability of the package (masked+keyword), but thanks for the suggestion!
10 >>Actually, it most certainly does; keyworded packages are shown in brown
11 >>with a ~ in front, masked packages are listed in red with a [M] in front.
14 >>Of course you can use what suits you best; just wanted to clear up the
15 >>misconception.
19 > Well 'eix zoneminder' shows '~0.9.12 ~1.21.2'
20 > both in brown.
21 >
22 > emerge -s zoneminders shows
23 > that it is masked in red and only 1.21.2. is available.
24 >
25 > Maybe my color scheme is messed up?
26 >
27 > James
33 According to packages.gentoo.org, both zoneminder 0.9.12 and 1.21.2 are
34 keyword masked, so the output is correct (for x86).
35
36 Esearch shows only the last version, and doesn't distinguish between
37 hard and keyword masking; perhaps emerge -s is the same.
38
39 Also, it helps to remember to do an update-eix after an esync, so that
40 new or updated packages are added to the eix database.
41
42 Other than that, I don't see a problem.
43
44 Holly
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list