From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] are cgroups automatic ?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:39:31
1 On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I have enabled cgroups in kernel 2.6.38 , but am not sure how they work.
3 > There's nothing in the docs in  /usr/src/linux
4 > & a search via 'make menuconfig' shows nothing suggestive.
5 > Does the kernel automatically set them up once they're enabled
6 > or does the user have to do something to define them ? -- anyone know ?
7
8 AFAIK if you use 2.6.38 and see
9 /proc/sys/kernel/sched_autogroup_enabled = 1 then it should be active
10 and you don't need to do anything else special. But I could be wrong.