From: Colin Copley <cmc.75@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Webserer monitoring tools
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:44:43
1 Hi List:
2
3 I have just purchased a refurbished PC - PIII, 450, 128mb ram, Network
4 card, 10GB.
5 Also just purchased Broadband connection (2mb's, upsteam 288kbps)
6
7 I want to use the machine as a webserver over the broadband. and host my
8 own site (which currently runs on a free ISP) As it's a low spec machine
9 and I don't want the website to run totally crap, I'm thinking to use
10 Gentoo's flexibility and speed to install it as a totally dedicated
11 webserver(Apache,PHP,PERL). As long as it can take about 6-8 users on
12 at a time without struggling this will be fine.
13
14 Does anyone have any advice about monitoring software/apache modules
15 that I can use to check how many connections, connection speed,
16 resources (CPU) so I can monitor how the webservers doing, if it's
17 getting overloaded etc.
18 Hope this is an appropriate forum (I've just subscribed so not sure), if
19 not any suggestions.
20
21 Many Thanks
22 Colin