From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New hibernate modules in 2.6.23-gentoo-r3
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 00:04:18
1 On Friday 07 December 2007, Rumen Yotov wrote:
2 > Mick написа:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > Could you please help me understand how I should be setting hibernation
6 > > for my laptop:
7 > >
8 > > There an new hibernate options in the new stable kernel:
9 > >
10 > > [*] Suspend to RAM and standby
11 > > [*] Hibernation (aka 'suspend to disk')
12 > > (/dev/hda1) Default resume partition
13 > > [*] ACPI Support (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
14 > > --->
15 > >
16 > > Now, the last option contains:
17 > >
18 > > --- ACPI Support (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
19 > > [ ] Deprecated /proc/acpi files
20 > > [ ] Deprecated /proc/acpi/event support
21 > >
22 > > which if I deselect I end up with boot errors because the acpid no longer
23 > > finds the relevant files:
24 > >
25 > > * Starting acpid ...
26 > > acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: No such file or directory [ !! ]
27 > >
28 > > So, the question is: how is one supposed to configure hibernation under
29 > > the new setup? Is acpid deprecated altogether and should be removed, or
30 > > should I keep it and re-enable the deprecated files and event support in
31 > > the kernel. (The Docs seem to hint that it may still be of use, which
32 > > implies that the deprecated modules should be enabled.)
33 >
34 > Hi,
35 >
36 > Do you have sys-power/acpid installed ?
37 > Beside it's in-kernel support.
38
39 Thanks Rumen ,
40
41 Yes I have been running sys-power/acpid for the last couple of years. Am I
42 supposed to unmerge this now?
43 --
44 Regards,
45 Mick