From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crazy KDE4 panel
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 21:37:47
1 On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >> Only good side-effects. GUI performance in NX
3 >
4 > What is that "NX"? :-)
5
6 A very fast remote desktop, way faster than RDP or VNC. Check out
7 www.nomachine.com
8
9 >> is _much_ faster, and
10 >> all of the corruption problems are completely gone. It used to a lot
11 >> of unnecessary redraws which seems to be gone now, too. I have seen no
12 >> bad side-effects so far.
13 >>
14 >> But it is using CVS Qt code so your experience may differ based on the
15 >> hour or the day that you emerge. :)
16 >
17 > Hm... As I have said, PyQt4 was updated only (with qt-copy flag in make.conf).
18 > Nothing from CVS.
19
20 probably you need to unmask the -9999 versions. Check the documention
21 in qting-edge overlay.