From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The X11-trap: Once back on textconsole...and no one comes back ever...
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:57:59
1 160115 Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > I got a strange problem:
3 > From X11 I can switch to text console via CTRL-ALT-F(x).
4 > From the text console I can switch to other text console via ALT-F(x).
5 > But once touching the console, where X11 should still be running
6 > and which is now occupied by the deep dark unholy "nothing" ;)
7 > I got trapped -- no way out and a bindly keyed login
8 > followed by a reboot has nothing as result.
9
10 You don't mention it, so the first suggestion is to try Ctrl-Alt-F7 .
11 That's what worked for me just now, when I tested it.
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca