From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What is the gimmick to run tightvnc from windows to gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 01:20:07
1 Tightvnc installed with server flag and seems to be working, at least
2 as far as viewing from gentoo through servers running on windows
3 machines. But when tried the other way round I get no connecton and no
4 log output from the gentoo server.
5
6 Just a message on the windows machine
7 `Failed to connect to Xxx.xxx.xxx'.
8
9 There is some log info on the windows side bit it appears to only
10 involve the server and nothing gets written to that file when I
11 attempt to start the viewer on a windows xp box aimed at the linux
12 box.
13
14 The words `verbose' or `debug' do not appear anywhere in vncserver man
15 pages. How can I get some debug info out of this thing?
16
17 Or maybe someone knows what is needed to get the connection to work.
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list