From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdemultimedia-arts-3.5.10 and the arts flag
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:36:33
1 On Thursday 12 November 2009 19:37:28 Dale wrote:
2 > > arts was a disgusting piece of crap that never should have been suffered
3 > > to live. You never needed it then and you certainly don't need it now.
4 > > It's been abandoned for many years now (at least 4?)
7 > Well, if it would let me ditch it, I would ditch it. I guess it is KDE
8 > that wants this thing so badly. I dunno.
9 >
10 Nope, that's incorrect. KDE has not required arts for ages and ages and ages.
11 I have not had it on any kde box since 2007
12
13 Just remove it from all use flags and world and let portage do what it does
14 best
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com