From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hints for using Unison?
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 06:53:26
1 On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:16, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On 7/31/05, Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz> wrote:
3 > > On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:52, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > > > On 7/31/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > >
6 > > > Possibly this problem is really an NFS issue or a 1394 issue? Neither
7 > > > of these are overly tested, at least on my system under Gentoo. I ran
8 > > > the same system with FC2 for quite awhile. 1394 worked fine as far as
9 > > > I could tell, but I never used NFS much and I only jsut set up NFS
10 > > > today to try out Unison so maybe it's one of those systems causing the
11 > > > problem?
12 > >
13 > > Is the NFS filesystem mounted read-only?
14 > > --
15 >
16 > No Glenn, it's mounted read/write and I tested that I Could write it
17 > from the machine running Unison.
18 >
19 > I tried running Unison on a directory containing a single CD. It hung
20 > up on that also. After the hang up the machine is really unhappy
21 > rebooting. It gives me messages about being unable to unmoust the NFS
22 > filesystems.
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 > Mark
26 >
27 > thanks,
28 > Mark
29
30 Ok just a thought :). Last time I had a dodgy program Zac Medico suggested I
31 run strace on it, so in your case from a command prompt...
32 # strace unison dir1 dir2
33
34 Does using a different terminal program make any difference? maybee using
35 screen?. Not an expert here you understand just trying to fit peices in the
36 puzzle.
39 "Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
40 -- Marvin the paranoid android