From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] insert text onto a PDF
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:35:33
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:29:52 +0000 Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
4 wrote:
5
6 > I just want to add text on top of a PDF, resulting in a new file. I'm
7 > not concerned with encryption, authorization, nor really "editing" the
8 > PDF itself -- just ending up with a new PDF with my text on top.
9 >
10 > I read something about a java app to do this in a magazine a few
11 > months, but didn't keep the article :(
12
13 iText would be a programming library (Java/.NET) that could be used to
14 do that. See http://lowagie.com/iText -- start with the Tutorials in
15 order to see how you can modify existing PDFs.
16
17 There's also pdftk, which can "stamp" PDFs onto each others. It uses
18 iText internally and provides a CLI.
19
20 Also, there's the Multivalent Tools. Quite nice stuff, too.
21
22 If you were more specific about what kind of texts you want to add,
23 there might be other suggestions.
24
25 -hwh
26 --