From: Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LDAP + Samba as PDC
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:29:11
1 On 11/14/06, Joshua Schmidlkofer <joshland@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > Hi Cameron,
3 > >
4 > > thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, all the reg hacks I found
5 > > didn't work. If I find one that does, I'll post it here. :)
6 > >
7 > > Regards,
8 > >
9 > > Raphael
12 > This sounds exactly like you do not have the nsswitch.conf environment
13 > correct on your Linux box. Are you using Winbind or nss_ldap? Once
14 > you verify that, does getent find the user/workstation? Are you
15 > using nscd?
16
17 Sorry for taking this long, rough week. I didn't understand your
18 answer. The Linux box you're talking about is the Samba server?
19
20 What is Winbind? Or nss_ldap?
21
22 getent returns users, I don't know how to check for workstations.
23
24 What is nscd?
28 > Sincerely,
29 > Joshua