From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] UEFI kernel installation?
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 13:04:26
1 Hello list,
2
3 The main system on this box is ~amd64 plasma, but I also have a small rescue
4 system which is amd64, no desktop. I use bootctl from systemd-boot to manage
5 the UEFI images.
6
7 My question is: how much of the bootctl-installed image is essential for
8 booting? In other words, if I install the ~amd64 kernel (5.1.9), what effect
9 will that have on booting the rescue system; and if I install the amd64 kernel
10 (4.19.44), what effect will it have on booting the plasma system?
11
12 In practice, I install the ~amd64 kernel and hope it doesn't affect the rescue
13 system too much; and it seems not to. Could I do better?
16 Regards,
17 Peter.