From: "Zoltán Füves" <zoleexfz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: linux usb webcam to website
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 06:47:55
1 2010/1/13 james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
2
3 > Zoltán Füves <zoleexfz <at> gmail.com> writes:
6 > > Sorry guys to disturb you with like this but I'm stuck I have to 4 usb
7 > webcam
8 > stream (from 4 different machine) embed to a website.
11 > I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but
12 > 'zoneminder' is very cool, although I'm not sure it
13 > works with mp4 containers. You have to research the
14 > encoding format details.
17 > h.264 is very bandwidth efficient, but requires relatively
18 > large processing resources to encode, but requires
19 > relatively light processing resources to decode.
22 > PS, the VLC solution the other guys have mentioned looks
23 > very doable on a web-server.....
26 > hth,
27 > James
31 > Thanks your answer too, I will check zoneminder. First look it is more a
32 building security app than like a web streaming solution but It is look very
33 cool for observing home things and more
34
35 yes the h.264 codec is very usable and vlc looks can serve my web-streaming
36 (yes the main problem is find the right the bandwith and the CPU and memory
37 usage)
38
39 have a nice day and thanks your time and help
40
41 Z.