From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NetworkManager problem after migrating to systemd
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:45:53
1 Hi List.
2
3 I've heard here that systemd is faster the openrc, so I decided to try it.
4 And indeed, it is :). I've spent many hours to make my system totaly
5 functional again, but it totally worth it.
6
7 There is just one little problem remaining: NetworkManager starts, I can
8 connect the internet, but my kde applet cant see it is started, so I can't
9 manage my connections. It seems some people had similar problem, and were
10 able to solve it, but the topics weren't clear enough for me. I also seems
11 that there is something to to with pam or polkit.
12
13 The topics I'm talking about:
14
15 https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=144763
16
17 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-924004-start-0.html
18
19 Since we're talking about systemd, is it possible to it display something
20 during de boot, as openrc did? I just got a black screen until kdm starts.
21 I'll work on plymout, but I still think the informations r important.
22
23 Thank you,
24 --
25 João de Matos