From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NetworkManager problem after migrating to systemd
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:45:53
Hi List.

I've heard here that systemd is faster the openrc, so I decided to try it.
And indeed, it is :). I've spent many hours to make my system totaly
functional again, but it totally worth it.

There is just one little problem remaining: NetworkManager starts, I can
connect the internet, but my kde applet cant see it is started, so I can't
manage my connections. It seems some people had similar problem, and were
able to solve it, but the topics weren't clear enough for me. I also seems
that there is something to to with pam or polkit.

The topics I'm talking about:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-924004-start-0.html

Since we're talking about systemd, is it possible to it display something
during de boot, as openrc did? I just got a black screen until kdm starts.
I'll work on plymout, but I still think the informations r important.

Thank you,
--
João de Matos
Linux User #461527