From: 4k3nd0 <4k3nd0@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] open source monitoring on gentoo
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:02:45
1 On 06/27/2011 06:33 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 27 Jun 2011 08:45:06 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >> thanks to all for your suggestion.
4 >> Still not sure where to turn ...
5 >>
6 >> Stefan
7 >
8 > We can't know which one may best match your needs/expectations/preferences.
9 > You can spend some time looking at their documentation to get an understanding
10 > of how difficult it may be to configure them and then play with their online
11 > demos to experience the touch& feel of each.
12 >
13 > Then install the one that best matches your requirements and if your don't
14 > like it enough install the second best and so on. If you are prepared to get
15 > your hands dirty you can somewhat customise the look and feel (e.g. using
16 > CSS), but the monitoring engine is what will provide you with the necessary
17 > functionality.
18 >
19 > Personally, I ended up using Nagios because at the time it had a load of
20 > plugins that others did not. Once I spent a lot of time installing graphing
21 > engines and configuring it, I had invested too much time to ditch it and try
22 > something different.
23 >
24 > Thankfully, you can start afresh your quest and evaluate how each of these
25 > tools meets your requirements.
26 >
27 > HTH.
28 I agree with you, Nagios is just amazing.
29
30 Greeting's 4k3nd0