From: Kevin McCarthy <signals@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crossdev avr compile failing on crtm328p.o
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 16:13:08
1 On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 08:34:04PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > /usr/libexec/gcc/avr/ld: crtm328p.o: No such file: No such file or
3 > directory
4 >
5 > Ive rebuilt/uninstalled/reinstalled the avr toolchain with no success.
6 > Can someone suggest where to look next?
7 >
8 > The file crtm328p.o does exist in /usr/avr/lib/avr5 along with the other
9 > arch specific libs.
10
11 I would look in /usr/avr/etc/portage/make.conf and make sure everything
12 there looks OK. I'd make sure you have something like this in there:
13
14 CHOST=avr
15 ROOT=/usr/${CHOST}/
16 LDFLAGS="-L${ROOT}lib -L${ROOT}usr/lib"
17
18 Mind if I ask which arduino package you are using? The one in Portage is
19 somewhat old, and the one from overlay described on the Arduino site[1]
20 seems to have a problem with avrdude on my system. I eventually just
21 ended up downloading the binary version and running it from my home dir.
22
23 Maybe I should ping the Gentoo maintainers and see if I can help get
24 Arduino up-to-date in Portage...
25
26 [1] http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Linux/Gentoo
29 Kevin McCarthy <signals@g.o>